Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Cleaning!


When spring arrives we get the feeling of releasing the old and allowing the new to flow into our lives. I recently was listening to Louise Hay on the topic of clearing clutter in our lives and allowing prosperity to flow abundantly into your life. This month is dedicated to clearing out the cobwebs and allowing the light of abundance to flow into your life!


 STEP ONE - Clear the Clutter in your life!

How long has it been since you cleaned out your closet? Most of us stuff our closets with clothing and paraphernalia that existed in our lives at one point or another-and many of these items have been entirely forgotten. In our society, clothing is fashion; therefore,
it has a temporary reign in our lives. We add one thing after another, and then complain that there's no more room in our closets. We add, but we forget to subtract 
as we add.

Our closets can be considered symbols of our minds. A cluttered closet could mean a cluttered mind. This same theory can apply to our dresser drawers (or even our desk drawers)-most especially the top drawer, and often the bottom drawer as well.

I recently moved, and this was a wonderful time to clean out those closets. A good exercise is to clean out a closet and while doing so, say to yourself: I am cleaning out the closets of my mind. Take everything out of the closet. Examine each item and ask, "Is this item still useful?" 
Or, "Have I used this item in the last six months or year?" "Do I have to keep this worn item because I'm afraid I won't be able to replace it?"

In order to make room for the new (whether it's new clothes or new thoughts and ideas), we must release the old and the outworn. This is true for physical items as well as mental ideas.

I go through my closets every six months or so, and anything I know I won't use again either gets sold or is sent to the thrift shops, or I give them away. It's no longer useful to me and is taking up precious room. The sweater I was in love with three years ago is now a color I don't care for. Do I want to keep it around on the chance that I may need it one day? Not at all! I'm well aware that I'll always be able to buy a new sweater when I need to.

I grew up during the depression of the 1930s in extreme poverty. So it took me many years to realize and accept that I was the only person responsible in my world for my lack of prosperity.

Watch how you're feeling while you're cleaning out those closets this week. Are you doing it with joy and anticipation of the space you're allowing in your life, or are you stuck in the mental system of "not having" and scoffing in disbelief that the abundance of the Universe is available to everyone, including you?

Affirm: The Ocean of Life is lavish with abundance.Whenever I need anything, I know that it will be provided.

This blog was provided by: Louise Hay - Author and Life Coach

For More information on Soul Coaching and my upcoming retreats:
        WWW.FELICIAGRANT.COM/RETREATS
        or email me at felicia@feliciagrant.com


No comments:

Post a Comment